Sunday, January 27, 2013

Little Bit of This, Little Bit of That




The first thing on the agenda yesterday was to go to the library in my friend's new town so she and Bug could get library cards. As an obsessive reader I have to say I have never been a more proud Aunt Stacy than seeing those two kiddos so excited to go to the library. Especially once they found a giant Curious George stuffed animal to cuddle with while their mom read to them.

                                                                 *****

Speaking of obsessive reading, I've been reading the book The Price of Politics for over two weeks now. It's Bob Woodward's look at the negotiations on the fiscal issues between Congress and the Obama Administration spanning the past 3 1/2 years. It's interesting for sure, but a slow read and I can't say I'm retaining much from it. Well, other than more cynicism over our very broken political system.


I've got about 180 pages to go and I want to finish it, but I'm just not sure I can. Maybe if I were more of an economics nerd, then it would be an easier read.

*****
I'm still obsessed with Fun., most specifically the song Some Nights. I have a new playlist on my iPod named Bandwagon and I listened to it on repeat all weekend.

*****

Yesterday, I went to a wine tasting, then at dinner I had an Orange Crush. Today I went to brunch with my former work bestie, former boss and current boss and we had a Mimosa Bucket. I honestly can't recall the last time I drank on back to back days. If I had to guess I would say it was a year and a half ago when I went to the work bestie's wedding and drank at the welcome reception the night before and at the wedding the following day.

I don't not drink, but I don't really drink either.

Obviously.

My boss was especially shocked to hear how I spent yesterday and that I was the one to suggest the Mimosa bucket today. Seriously shocked.

But, I think I may have earned some brownie points.

*****
They are calling for ice/sleet/freezing rain early in the morning. Not the best way to kick off the work week. In an effort to be prepared I just went outside to salt my stairs and walkway in hopes of avoiding a slip and slide effect. Of course, me being me, I was wearing flip flops and no coat while prepping for the wintry mix. 



No comments:

Post a Comment