Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Missed Opportunity (aka My Luck Sucks)

I went to a briefing this afternoon on Capitol Hill and decided to stick around downtown and read the report released at the briefing rather than returning to work and getting sucked in to other things. I camped out at a Starbucks a few blocks from the Capitol for a bit and got my reading done and then decided to grab dinner around there before heading home.

I was a block away from We, The Pizza and Good Stuff Eatery, both owned by Spike Mendelsohn of Top Chef fame and right next door to one another. So I headed that way and was torn between the two, but went with Good Stuff because, well, their Toasted Marshmallow milkshake is truly AMAZING. Definitely the best ice cream treat I've ever had and quite possibly the best dessert ever. Seriously.

So, I ordered my milkshake and the Michelle Melt (Turkey burger, caramelized onions, swiss, lettuce, tomato and "southlawn herb garden mayo"). Of course, I ordered the Michelle Melt because...

Michelle Obama arrived a few minutes later!!!

Oh, no, not at Good Stuff.

At We, the Pizza!

SERIOUSLY?!?! SO close, and so eating a burger named after her but noooooo... yet another near miss.

I moved to town the day before the Obama's. I went to their welcome party (aka the inauguration). They seem to like hanging out in my neighborhood* Yet all I get are near misses. Lots of them. And really, I'm quite tired of them! I mean come on people, I live inside the beltway -isn't a first family sighting like a right around here, to make up for the traffic and the tourists and the fact that DC was built on a swamp and it's already ridiculously humid and it's only March?!?!?

Is that really too much to ask?

For me, I guess it is.

(*Near Miss #1, 2, 3 & 4!)

No comments:

Post a Comment