Saturday, February 4, 2012

Oh the places I will go

So far I've got four trips on the schedule for 2012.

Unfortunately they are all for work. I don't mind traveling for work, it can get annoying when trips are all piled up at the same time, but I don't think that will be the case this year. The annoying part is I very rarely get to see the city I'm visiting.

A typical work trip goes something like this:

Airport --> Hotel --> Meetings --> Meetings --> More Meetings --> Working dinner -->Hotel.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat for 2-4 days.

I'm not complaining about the meetings themselves, it's just that it doesn't matter where they are taking place. Without the visual clues of a famous Arch here or a well known bridge there, I could easily forget where I am because hotels and meeting space are pretty much interchangeable.

I want to plan a real vacation this year. My top contenders for destination are the Bahamas or Puerto Rico.

My top contenders for a travel companion are... coming up blank.

I'm sorta sad about this and sorta ok with it.

It would definitely be more fun if a friend could go with me, but I'm pretty ok with the idea of going on my own. Setting my own schedule, reading lots of books and just doing what I want. Yeah, that works for me. And, I do have a college friend who lives in the Bahamas now, so if I end up there then it won't have to be a totally solitary trip.

Beyond that trip my travel wish list for 2012 includes another trip out west to visit Wiggles (and her parents), a long weekend or 2 in NYC visiting a friend and playing tourist, potential trips to Florida and Boise to visit other friends and hopefully finally getting to Chicago. It tops my list of places I've never been that I really want to go to!

As I write this I'm mentally mapping out when these trips can take place... Bahamas in April? Visit to Wiggles in June? Chicago in August? Florida in the fall?

I'm not sure why I'm feeling compelled to map out my whole year right now, but I am. So, if any of those spots involve a visit to you, expect an email soon. And if any of my dear friends want to visit any of those spots with me, well, I'll be looking for your email soon as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment